Dr. Stefan Rohde-Enslin
kulturerbe-digital.de: A New Information Platform for Digitisation - Potential and Perspectives
kulturerbe-digital.de is a project of EUBAM, a special Working
Group. EUBAM's focus is matters of European concern to libraries, archives,
museums and other organisations charged with cultural heritage and digitisation.
kulturerbe-digital is supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG). The main focus
of this project is the development of an Internet presence: kulturerbe-digital.de will
serve as a clearinghouse of essential background information on the digitisation of
kulturerbe-digital.de will inform its users about German and European grant programmes and opportunities. It will bundle German and European "best practice" recommendations, enabling one-stop access. kulturerbe-digital.de will also provide a directory of ongoing and completed cultural digitisation projects. This will help to ensure that lessons learned in the past are taken into consideration at the planning stage of future digitisation efforts.
kulturerbe-digital.de aims to build bridges between:
- the digitisation plans of actors in different branches of cultural heritage;
- small and large projects;
- yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's digitisation projects;
- controversies surrounding digitisation in the public at large;
- the worlds of scholarship, science and policy;
- and, last but not least, German professionals and their counterparts elsewhere in Europe.